AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am just about ready to buy a plasma and visualapex seems to have the best price. Has anyone ordered from them and have you had any problems? Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
They, like, totally rock.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ordered my 37" 7UY from them, and they were great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2 plasmas from them with no issues.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Two plasmas & one DLP front Projector - no problems.

Of course the most important feedback is from customers who have had problems and the resultant manner in which the vendor handled the issues.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I highly recommend them. Great pricing backed by excellent reputation. Tech support is top notch as well.

RA

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440forpower
Hello, I am just about ready to buy a plasma and visualapex seems to have the best price. Has anyone ordered from them and have you had any problems? Thanks
Perhaps this should be rephrased to ask "Has anyone ordered a product from VA, and had a problem with the shipment or product? If so, how did VA handle it?"

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter scott
Perhaps this should be rephrased to ask "Has anyone ordered a product from VA, and had a problem with the shipment or product? If so, how did VA handle it?"
One of the reasons I continue to purchase from them since my first purchase four years ago, is how they handled an issue with my first plasma, the Panny 4UY. It had a manufacturing defect that caused a loud buzz (many of the first units of that model had this problem). Paul of VA was extremely professional, quickly arranging to send me a replacement. And when the replacement had the same problem, Paul then, in what I still consider to be customer support above and beyond my expectations, worked the phones and e-mails, and actually got Panasonic techs to come to my home to retrofit the fix on my unit. It is still operating great four years later.

I have sent many friends and family members to Paul over the years, and he has always had great prices and provided excellent support, solving the few issues that had come up courteously and expeditiously.

Bottom line: This is one company I highly recommend.

Alan

·
Registered
14 Posts
How come they only sell the industrial models? I would love to buy from them, but I don't want the Industrial panasonics. :(

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
IMHO the industrial Panasonics are the best buy around - great picture, IMHO more robust internals than the residential models, plus features like plug-in input cards and no useless features like speakers that most people will never use anyway. (If you really want to drive speakers with the industrial Pannys, you can.)

Granted, the balance has tipped a bit now that the residential panels actually include an ATSC tuner rather than the NTSC-only tuners they used to come with, but I still think the all-black industrial panels also look much better than the silver residential units.

BTW, I purchased my Panasonic panel from VA and can't say enough good things about them, including, perhaps most importantly, they know how to pack a panel so that it survives its trucking journey.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk
BTW, I purchased my Panasonic panel from VA and can't say enough good things about them, including, perhaps most importantly, they know how to pack a panel so that it survives its trucking journey.
So are you saying Visual Apex repacks the Plasmas before shipping them? I don't think that's correct.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
So are you saying Visual Apex repacks the Plasmas before shipping them? I don't think that's correct.
My Panasonic PDP from VA was in the factory double boxed carton - no special packaging.

When it arrived there was a fist size hole in the outer cardboard which scared the hell out of me :eek:, but when I unpacked it, whatever hit it had only penetrated the outer layer and all was ok.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
Yes it is. Now that you mention it, I just received a 8UK and they put the Panasonic in ANOTHER box with more packing material in ADDITION to the regular Panasonic box, PLUS they throw in FREE BNC to RCA adapters in the box too! Now that's service. I wondered why the box didn't say Panasonic on it, now I know why. It's great also for nosey neighbors because they won't be able to tell you just bought an expensive plasma TV lol.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I ordered a 42PWD7uy and a Swivel mount with the appropriate bracket.

The mount and braket were drop shipped to me directly from Peerless. When I got the bracket and mount one day before the plasma was due to arrive, I opened everything up. Well, I was a bit dumbfounded when I found the mount was for a zenith plasma. I called and emailed them that night and the next day they had the correct mount sent via overnight so I would have it when the plasma arrived.

They did not even worry about getting the incorrect mount back as they were more concerned with getting the right mount to me. I know a some online vendors would want to get the incorrect product back before they will send out a replacement. I was worried that this is what I was going to hear, but thankfully they took care of me quickly.

I highly recommend VA to friends, family and coworkers looking for projectors/plasmas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bought my Panny TH-50PHD7UY from them in April. Spent a few hrs on the phone with them and answered all my questions. Shipping was well pkg'd as others have said. No worries doing business with VA. HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Great tech support....absloutely no problems.

Also, 2 weeks after I rec'd my PDP they had a $150 price drop. I called them about it and they issued my credit card the $150. Where can you get that kind of service.

One other point of interest...I ordered the DVI blade for input slot #1 and it came with a free DVI cable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same comment as Icon Smith - my 6UY box had a big hole in outer box. I almost got into a fist fight with the truck driver over whether I had a right to look for any damage before I signed the receipt. (He was a brute and threatened to kicked my bu++.) But after negotiation he finally let me lremove the outer box and ook at the inner box before signing the receipt. Everything was fine, thus no need to involve VA. But I love the VA guys and will definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a problem. I ordered a Sharp with several dead/stuck pixels. It was kinda confusing at first. I spoke to 3 sales reps. 2 said that they don't sell the model I wanted and one told me they did. (This was from several days of getting prices from different places). They used a drop ship company, of course they don't tell you that (which in my opinion is no different than ordering from a store in Brooklyn NY). The LCD was shipped in the original packaging, which is no problem.

I called about the dead pixels and was told they could not do anything and to contact Sharp. I have a total of 4 dead/stuck pixels and now 7 dead/stuck pixels. Both companies won't do anything because "if they are not in the middle, it is accepted by industry standards." My gut feeling is that Visual Apex didn't do anything about it because they used a drop ship company. They didn't "own" the LCD they sold me. I'm assuming other purchasers who got exchanges got products they normally carried in "their" wharehouse. I would call and make sure the product you plan to purchase is directly from them and not from a drop ship company. If it was, you might as well buy from the lowest price from the internet, because it will not make a difference.

This is my expencience with them. I understand there are much more good experiences (that's why i made the purchase from them, the reviews here), but unfortunately i was the unlucky few who got the bad end of it.

You should also consider TVauthority. They are also very good. I would of purchased my LCD from them if they weren't in california. (Tax)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.