AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recorded Duel, a very early Steven Spielberg made for tv movie. It was incredibly good, and my wife and I were having the best time watching it. At the very end -- just when climax was about to occur -- I got the dreaded message 'would you like to delete, play another show, etc.' Curse the cable gods, for starting this a bit behind schedule and costing me the last few minutes!

So, any chance that someone can send it to me?? I'm asinshesq at 00055-09166-65680. And if someone can send this to me, that will convince my lovely wife that I wasn't crazy afterall in giving away a showstopper so I could get the 4xxx unit!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is that with the truck with no driver chasing a car?

I'm also looking forward to Spielberg's upcoming Tekken on Sci Fi, supposedly an awesome alien kung fu flick...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by st63z
Is that with the truck with no driver chasing a car?...
Yep, that's the one. Fantastic. Anyone got it??

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I don't have it, but I would like it too. I think the new mini-series is "Taken". There is also a making-of episode on before it airs. I only found four parts to the mini-series--anyone know if there are more?

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Amazingly Smooth
I think the new mini-series is "Taken". There is also a making-of episode on before it airs. I only found four parts to the mini-series--anyone know if there are more?

Cheers
I recorded (and later watched) the "Inside Taken: Behind the Scenes" preview of this series that aired a week or so agon on Tech-TV. I still have it on my RTV. They said that the whole series was 20 hours I believe. I figured that it would probably be aired in 10 two-hour episodes but have not checked the guides yet to see. - SloPoke

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by st63z
Is that with the truck with no driver chasing a car?
There was a driver, but you never got to see his face.

·
Registered
189 Posts
asinshesq,

I have Duel on a Laserdisc. It has some laserrot (little speckles of color throughout the picture) but is quite watchable. If you let me know exactly where yours cut off I will record the rest on my Replay and send it. That will be much faster than sending the whole show.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally posted by empyle
asinshesq,

I have Duel on a Laserdisc. It has some laserrot (little speckles of color throughout the picture) but is quite watchable. If you let me know exactly where yours cut off I will record the rest on my Replay and send it. That will be much faster than sending the whole show.
That's incredibly generous of you. We got to the part where the truck goes over the cliff...I think we only had a couple of minutes left.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received and watched. My wife and I highly recommend this one! And thanks again, empyle, for taking the time to record the end sequence from LD and send it to me. The quality was perfectly ok (looks something like standard record with a good quality signal on replay).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.