AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Berkline 087 model theater seats? If so could you post a quick review and include your likes/dislikes (pictures would be great too!).

I was going to purchase the 099's, but they are a little big and a little too tall for my setup. I am trying to decide if the 087's are a good alternative, but none of the B&M stores around here (Baltimore) stock them so I can't take them for a test drive.

Any comments from current owners or people that have tested them out in person would be a great help. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered mine from AVS today. I got them two tone (black/red). It will take 6-8 wks. for delivery, but I will post when I receive them.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I should have mine in a couple of weeks.

What I liked about them were:

1) Headrest adjustments - perfect for my neck and perfect for my ears for surrounds (I'm 6'1" by the way)

2) Seat comfort - The 090 and 099 both hurt my lower back. I have a larger torso and if I don't have the right support I get cranky! The seat just hugs my back and I feel comfortable and just right

3) Positioning - I was going to go all out with the motorized recline, but after sitting in them I found my comfort positions to be exact. Perfect for when I want to sit up with my feet out (see seat comfort for back info) and just right for full recline.

4) Cupholder positions - I like the closer approach with these over the 090 and 099. They are closer to you when you are in recline, which is nice for that quick action to the beer!

5) Arm rests - believe it or not, I'm a HUGE fan of the arm rests. The 090 and 099s are too "high" when reclined even halfway. The cure on the 087's make your shoulders square not "high" with the other Berks and it feels more natural. Every part of my arm is rested. Very nice.

Those are pretty much the reasons why I went with the 087s over the 090 and 099. I really wanted the Cinematech's or Acoustic Innovations, however, after finding this new gem I'm glad I didn't drop all that cash for them at this time.

Hope this helps!

Chris

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the 087s will work for me. Now I just have to get to a store to check out the fabric samples since I'm not sure how true the colors are on Berkline's website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your in Baltimore there is a store in Dundalk that has all the samples colours available for Berkline, prices are really hi there and they only have the 90 on display I believe.... Go on Berkline's website and search for stores You also might want to check out the Big Screen Store in Towson they have the 94's which are the replacement for 87's I believe they are like the 90's but with tray table and storage. BSS only has like four or five leathers to see while the Dundalk one has them all... The 94's are my personal choice, I was going to go the 87's but really dislike the wedge they use for between seats.... Just personal opinion tho... :D Hope this helps..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tripper,

Thanks for the info. I actually went to the BSS in Towson to see if they carried the 087's, but no luck as you stated. Is there anywhere in the B'more area where you have seen them? What is the problem with the wedge between seats? Is it any different than the wedge between the 099s? I ask because the set up will be two middle chairs straight with the outer two chairs angle via the wedge. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah if I am remember my models right the wedge with the 84's is not like an armrest but more of a table looking thing that has a plexi type top. I used to have the sheet for the 84's I will look when I get home tonight. The 94's wedge is a bit thinner and looks like a an armrest with cup holder and such... The little pull out table on the 94's are a bit bigger as well... Again just a personal opinion but I like the look of the 94's tho I haven't seen the 87's in the flesh... or should I say leather... just pictures... Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I order my straight row of 087s in about another week and a half.

For those that have them, what was the time between ordering and receipt?

Regards,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I decided to go with the 087s. Just ordered them from Jason at AVS. Even though the price was little higher than one other place (still great though) I decided to go with AVS to give them a little thanks for maintaining these boards.

I'll let everyone know my thoughts when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I am trying to decide between the 088 and 087 models for my HT. For those of you with the 087s, how do you like them? It looks like the headrest would keep your head a little forward of your back. Is this true?

Can anyone post pics of their 087s?

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 087s head rest is not stiff enough to hold your head in place.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the two-tone leather option that they can post? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.