Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big one that costs like $4-5k?

It gets rave reviews everywhere yet few seem to have it. It always fares well in comparisons. I asked this Q in the Velo HGS18 thread but I guess it got lost.

I need to add a sub at some point to my HT. I have B&WN 802s as my l/r and HTM1 center.

THanks,

TM

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
The Linn sub is the real deal. Expensive at $5000, but it's articulate, extended, and loud.

That news from a competitor! Truth falls from my lips like oatmeal from the mouth of a baby... :D

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. Socio - does SVS have a 'find a demo in your area' program like Rocket and Diva do? Paul - very interesting! You guys make subs, no?

TM

·
Registered
447 Posts
TM,

You're here in NYC so you could probably audition it at Innovative. I've seen them there in the past though have never heard it in action.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have 3 of the 5150's (now Melodik). Extremely pleased with them and would highly recommend. What specifically would you like to know.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I should get in to Innovative. I used to work with them a bit but they have a habit of continuously paring down the number of brands they carry, to the point where they often only have 1 of anything in a given price point, like they're trying to do all your homework for you. "Oh, you want a $500 receiver, then this is the one for you!" I like my salesguy there, so I'll give him a shout.

Anyway, my system is 80/20 HT/music. Front array is B&W 802N l/r and HTM1 center (def tech surrounds) all driven by Theta Dreadnaught 200W channels. The 802Ns are amazing and extend quite deep. I've had several arguments with friends who refuse to believe that there's no sub in the system! So, if I'm going to add a sub, it has to be of extremely high quality in terms of accuracy, speed, output, and depth.

Ideally, someone could tell me their experience mating the Linn to 802Ns :)

TM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.