AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent four hours shopping tonight with all my info and such. This is a great looking TV, anyone out there with personal experience? This is a great unit, thinking of picking it up tomorrow

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Movng to HDTV Hardware.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just checked the Panny website... It appears that the 47 inch disappeared? Anybody heard what's up? This TV only came out this past spring...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had this TV for about 3 months. First impressions out of box were not good.....was regretting purchase. After combing the internet and doing the tweaks (red push fix, disable SVM, AVIA calibration), I am totally on board with this set....pic quality is FANTASTIC.

I a few friends with HD ready RPTVs that have been professionally calibrated (only one ISF), and they are in agreement that this one delivers every bit the pic quality (in two cases, they admit the Panny is hands-down better).

However, this set requires that you are prepared to do a hardware fix (disable SVM via disconnecting wires on the CRTs - takes 5 minutes even for a non-technophile).

I am convinced this set delivers the pic quality equal to any set priced under $5K. I don't know why it wouldn't be on their web site any longer..... will have to check that out.

Anyway......if you are willing to tinker a bit, the Panny 47" is a great buy. Excellent pic quality with PScan DVD and Dish, stretch mode for anamorphic content is as good as any I've seen.

Drawback - it's a pain in the [email protected] toggling through the input modes to switch from SAT to DVD, etc. They need a remote feature that allows you to switch directly through inputs. All in all, not a huge deal....but would be nice.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Drawback - it's a pain in the [email protected] toggling through the input modes to switch from SAT to DVD, etc. They need a remote feature that allows you to switch directly through inputs. All in all, not a huge deal....but would be nice.
The set does in fact support this! There are codes available for the Cinema 7 remote for one button input selection. You could then use that to teach the code to other learning remotes.

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
www.nbtelectronics.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.