AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this unit or know of any trustworthy reviews. There is a link in another thread but it is dead. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Ape Out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am interested in this system myself to match up with my Samsung HLS4676S. I have a very small living room so a 2.1 system would suit me fine. The few customer reviews I have read, say it has great sound for the price. The only complaints I have heard about it so far is that the DVD player is a top loader and could be a little tall to allow enough clearance to work with some TV stands and also the back cover on the DVD player can be a challenge to put back on since the wires have to feed out of an opening in the bottom center of the cover. It does have an HDMI output by the way. Other than than that, I think that for $379 I could live with those little quirks. I would be interested in hearing other opinions on it...since I am probably not going to buy it for a couple months. It is definitely the system I have my eye on. As for your second link dc_pilgrim, the link for the Samsung HTQ100 seems to be broken.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought one 6 months ago & am already shopping for a new home theatre. The complaints max mcKay mentioned are valid, but in addition, there's one other major problem - it constantly loses the optical input. This means that 50% of the time when I turn on my TV, I am immediately hit with loud static. Sometimes turning the unit on & off will help it find the signal, but I am often forced to do a "hard reboot" that involves turning the system back on while holding the play button at the same timeto reset. Huge pita.

If you think you're still interested, I'll gladly sell you mine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.