AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My basement was finished when I bought the house and the area to put the big screen is built into the wall. The base of the TV sits 42-48" off the ground. My eyes are a few inches below the level of the base when I am on the couch. Doing that math, it works out to a 18-22 degree viewing angle. Does anyone have a DLP or Lcos set that is this high off the ground? If so, is the vertical viewing angle a problem? I currently have a 42" plasma but am looking to get a bigger set (up to 60"). I'm worried about the change in the picture of a DLP/Lcos if I am sitting that far below the center of the set.

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
Vertical angles can be a problem, not only for PQ but also for your neck. Can you tilt the display down a little, or have a carpenter/handy man change the built-in space?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had my plasma up there for a year and a half. I don't have problems with my neck. Since my couch reclines, I'm naturally looking up anyway. I'm just worried about loss of picture quality with a DLP or Lcos. Without a major reconstruction, no way to lower the space for the TV. I probably could reconstruct the platform so it tilts a few degrees downward. Or I may just have to go with another plasma or an LCD due to the vertical viewing angle issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.