AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has seen any reviews or has had any experience with this new Pre/Pro?

I am still looking into a new one and this was one of the items I was looking at...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I have heard it is releasing around month's end.

Whether this holds true or not, in light of recent events at Cinepro (the passing of the founder/President Eric Abraham) is another story.

It looks great on paper, the question is how it does in three dimensions, ie your room ;)

Regards,

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just spoke with Eric a few weeks ago? When you say "passing" do you mean he died? Wow....that would be terrible.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yes Eric did pass on about a month ago.

The Preamp was be designed by a second party.

Righty now Travis is running the show.

Info as of last week said they wanted to get the unit out this month. But considering beta testing has not taken place... I wouldn't pre order just yet.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Wow ! I did not know that Eric passed away.

He was always a very nice & helpful guy.

- Andy ( still enjoying my Cinepro 3K6-III amp )

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Yes Andy, he was.

They're going on, and I think they'll do fine in the long run, but I imagine the next couple of weeks is going to be a little tentative as they get going and try to fill Eric's very big shoes.

Regards,

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will remember Eric as I last saw him at this years CES. He had the "4th day of the show" laughing mode going, while talking "Cinepro" with equal attention and enthusiasm to all who paused at the booth, no matter their station in the industry. He once told my wife and I that he could build amplifiers better than anyone. The humble, nonchalant way he said it had no boastfulness but rather a sense of gratitude for the talent.

Thank You, Eric. God Bless You.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Eric personally answered my emails and got me through a problem that I had caused on my Cinepro 3K6III. I am truely sad about his passing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.