AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The site has prices that seem too good to be true. And a search of this site did not pull up any info. Thanks for any info on them. (Their website is the name all ran together.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
them only accepting bank/wire transfers is good enough reason for me to avoid them. Not to mention that when something is too good to be true...it usually is. I wouldn't send my worse enemy to the site.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawk /forum/post/15530846

The site has prices that seem too good to be true. And a search of this site did not pull up any info. Thanks for any info on them. (Their website is the name all ran together.)

Any site that accepts only wire transfers is just about guaranteed to be a scam.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Look at it this way. The pricing is too good to be true and the method for payment leaves the buyer with NO way to file a fraud complaint and get the money back. Try googling them and seeing if there are complaints about them. If anyone's bought from them and been ripped off, they'll likely have posted SOMEWHERE about it. If NOBODY's bought from them, that alone should set off your radar.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawk /forum/post/15530846

That place has got to be a scam. The prices are way too good to be true, the phone number is in Indonesia, they only take wire transfers and not credit cards, and they only accept US dollars,Euros, and GB Pounds (but don't accept Indonesian currency)

I reported them to Resellerratings.com so they can check them out, and add them to their list of known scam sites.

http://www.resellerratings.com/forum...ist-guide.html

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The country code of their phone number is Indonesia. Just in case anyone thought it was still worth a gamble.

Weird collection of stuff they are 'selling' though. I figure if you're going to scam people, why not just list thousands of things?

edit: slow at posting, didn't see Randy's

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore /forum/post/15531579

edit: slow at posting, didn't see Randy's

Heh, i do that all the time - i'll be typing a long detailed response and by the time i hit Submit, three other people have already answered the question

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I've seen several companies similar to this. They were all in Indonesia. Anyone know why? Are they all really the same company or is Indonesia a friendly place for such frauds?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. I hadn't even got so far as to discover they did not take credit cards. That is enough to scare me off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts