AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the old Saturn 10's and like the sound. Anyone here heard or own the new Tannoy Definition Series, with the DC10A or the DC10ti or DC8ti? Impressions? The DC10A has gotten some monster reviews in Europe.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
The DC10A is odd duck for retro-fetishists. It's one of those speakers that people will love at first because it sounds different, and then cool down to because it sounds different due to obvious coloration.

Not at all comparable to your excellent Saturn S10's. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the more modern (no stupid Alnico magnet, a proper phase plug instead of the obsolete pepperpot) Dual designs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Heard some Definition DC8's hooked up to some Arcam gear at my local dealer. Sounded fantastic. Beautiful looking and sounding speakers. Would love the DC10 Ti' s in my home theatre. Loyal Tannoy fan.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Let us know your opinion on the DC8's.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Let us know your opinion on the DC8's.
DC 8's are one hell of a small speaker. Detail and sound stage were outstanding. We listened to a wide variety of rock from acoustic to Zeppelin. These speakers play everything with ease. Once we got the sub dialed in we rocked a huge room for 2.5 hours, zero ear fatigue, great sound! I'm getting pricing on the dc10 ti's and dc8ti's but distributor who was nice enough to bring speakers up from Denver suggested a bigger dedicated amp if I go to dc10's. I ran these speakers with both my Yamaha 740 and then the 2040. We heated the 2040 up pretty good by playing music at close to reference level for 1.5 hours straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts