AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from ill know where i can get a good deal on a rotel amp RB-1090?

Or even a good referal as to where to buy from, for complete satisfaction?

Thanks a mill.

Chris

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Sound Forum in Lake in the Hills, a far NW burb, sells everything in their store for 10% off without asking. They have Rotel, B&W, Paradigm, etc.

You can order over the phone, but you will have to pick it up in person. It will be an hour drive for you.

They are very friendly, unlike Audio Consultants, who tend to be ?ss holes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for the Info.

I will Check Out Audio Forum.

As for Audio Consultants. I went to the Evanston Store. I asked what the best price on a 1090 was. He Says $1999 i said thats list. He said I know. I told Him to Keep It and Walked right out.

I guess thats why so many people were there...NOT

Well Once again thanks for the 411

CHris

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We are lucky that Sound Forum is in our area. Otherwise the only Rotel dealer would be AC, and they are truly the biggest sales pr?cks I have ever encountered. The Evanston store is the worst that I have been in.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
If you're just shopping for a price, Audio Consultants might not be the store for you. But there are many advantages to buying from them. The advice is usually spot on, the service department is exceptional, they offer loaners, they make house calls, they carry great brands, and they'll work with you until you get the right gear. It's a great company that's provided better service to their audio customers over the past three dacades than any other hi-fi store in Chicago. But, if you know exactly what you want and you have no need of their expertise or service, and you just need a discount, Audio Consultants might not be for you. Simon, the owner, BTW, is the nicest man on Earth. Some of the salespersons are a bit "cold" though. ;)

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Paul,

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Kevin's assessment of the sales staff at Audio Consultants -- they tend to be condescending to new customers. A friend of mine and I refer to them as Audio Insultants.

It's a shame that Simon doesn't work with the sales staff more, because his personality isn't rubbing off on them enough IMO.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Is Simon an older gentleman with a beard? I met an older man at the Libertyville store that was a very nice guy and very helpful. He was the only person I have met from AC that I would consider doing business with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.