AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the Westinghouse 42F430S LCD TV. My problem is the remote navigating the input menus. It's unlike any of the options given in the setup menus, and while I've had the remote for a few months now, it makes things very frustrated since it constantly messes up inputs.

The TV has separate buttons for each input type, but for multiple inputs you have to press the button multiple times in that menu, which the harmony doesn't seem to have an option for.

What I want to know, is does anyone on here have their harmony 880 working correctly on their westinghouse TV?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The problem is easily solved with setup of multi-method input switching. It's a hybrid of discrete and cycle inputs. Harmony support should be able to fix this for you free of charge. In fact, it may already be set up for your model TV, just remove it and re-add it to your account; do not make any adjustments to delays or input settings, just set up your activities as needed. Then, update and test.

Note, some Westinghouse TVs do not work entirely properly with Harmony remotes for whatever reason(s), even though your original remote may work OK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply xpat, I went ahead and cleared out my TV and re-added the device, however it still has problems with inputs, I tried two things and it screwed both of them up. I sure would like to talk to someone who has a 42F430 working with a harmony 880, it basically makes the remote worthless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it does, but that's because I'm essentially having to pick my input manually.

The only working setting is the "one button for each input" since all inputs have their own buttons, but you have to press it multiple times for each type.

So, for component, you have to press that button, for component 2, you have to press it twice.

Same for HDMI, there are 4 HDMI inputs on the TV, so you have to press the button 4 times. The Harmony 880 doesn't have a hybrid function broken off into categories like that.

So, everytime the TV wants to change to HDMI, unless it's HDMI1, it screws it up, and when that happens, you have to wade through the help menu, and press the "No" Button on TV Input 4 times to change it to where you want it. A big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpat /forum/post/15536457

The problem is easily solved with setup of multi-method input switching. It's a hybrid of discrete and cycle inputs. Harmony support should be able to fix this for you free of charge. In fact, it may already be set up for your model TV, just remove it and re-add it to your account; do not make any adjustments to delays or input settings, just set up your activities as needed. Then, update and test.

Note, some Westinghouse TVs do not work entirely properly with Harmony remotes for whatever reason(s), even though your original remote may work OK.

You didn't do his other suggestion which is to contact Harmony support. They can log into your harmony account and set up more custom macros than what you can do through the harmony software. If you explain to them what the problem is then they might be able to fix it. It is free and you can just contact them by e-mail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am having an identical problem with my Westinghouse LCD and my Harmony remote.

When the Harmony selects HDMI, it never gets it right, because you have to press HDMI as many times as you need to get to the right input, but it never gets where it is in the hdmi input cycle right.

IE

I shut down on HDMI2, and when i turn it on i want HDMI1 - it just leaves the thing on HDMI2.

I wish this thing had dedicated "HDMI1" "HDMI2" etc buttons....

Any suggestions from fellow westinghouse owners?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts