AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same problem when I watched the .avi's with PowerDVD...Just about anything else shows just as it should. I personally use Windows Meida Player 6.4 for all of my Divx, Xvid, VCD, and SVCD movies.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Zoomplayer gives you great control over aspect ratio, and any other part of playback for that matter. I would never go back to WMP. It's even cleaner and easier to use.

And yeah, I use Gordian Knot. But that's not where the problem's at.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's weird is this time around, I didn't crop the picture using the smart crop feature, and it displays just fine in all of my players.. very strange..

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should always use the smart crop feature otherwise it will give you an incorrect aspect ratio...

It's is very strange that it displays fine in all your players ...

If you use ZoomPlayer you can fit the movie to fullscreen (4:3) by pressing "+" it will cut off your the sides of you movie but won't mess with aspect ratio.

c0in.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will zoomplayer still alow me to keep the widescreen version that I have in divx format? ie, when it's cropped, it's a 16*9 letterbox window on my screen, whereas if I don't crop it, I have the big black bars..

from what I have noticed tho, in the version with the black bars, the quality of the rip is FAR less than the one with no black bars at the same size.. guess since it's a bigger area that it's encoding..

I would like to have zoom player just add black bars on my screen when I am playing this rip... if there is anyway to do that...

when I run it full screen in powerdvd(version with no black bars), it just streches the input so it fills the whole screen.. ruining hte aspect ratio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.