AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, how good is the video deinterlacing in your opinion. I can't find much information on the "guts" of this box but it does have a DVI/non-HDCP output which is nice.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the SA 3250 STB supplied by my cable co. The DVI output is connected to the DVI input on my Panny 50"7UY. It has been working great for the last 3 months until last Friday when Pioneer (the software supplier to my cable co's servers) produced a glitch in the DVI output of the SA STB when Pio did a software update.

When they did this I lost my DVI signal. The tech came and had to switch to component so I could get a signal.

Five days later (today) the tech came back and piddled around w/ the adv settings menu on the remote and found that all the outputs on the DVI were checked to pass 420i, 420p, 720p, and 1080i. When he un-checked all but the 1080i it started working again.

The wierd part too is that when I turned on my PDP I got an error msg thru the DVI input stating my set can not handle a HDCP signal. After a few seconds the msg went away and I got signal back.

Anyways...I don't quite know how to answer your question except to say that the HD PQ is outstanding ( 1080i being the best) but may vary with different displays,

·
Registered
258 Posts
The set top box is in fact capable of using all formats of the HDCP and HD signals. There have been some problems with Pioneer's serves with all set top boxes, not only Scientific Atlanta. They have just sent out another signal to fix this glitch in your area. Good luck.

I have the box as well and its absolutely great. I install them all the time and i have never had such a great experience as i have with Scientific Atlanta's recent line of units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.