AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live about 20 miles south of Akron, but I work in downtown Akron. At my home I can get digital versions of 3, 5, 8, 19. 43 is just starting to come on the air, but I have not been able to get it the last few days. Also, in the last few days, channel 3 has started multi-casting. On digital channel 3.1 they have HDTV, on 3.2 they have the normal channel, and on 3.3 they have radar. This seems like a very, very bad idea, because it is decreasing the quality of the 3.1 HDTV channel.

I have an outside antenna about 20 ft. up.

Anything else you want to know?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That about sums it up, thanks Ken.

43 seems to back on the air today, some breakups but is working now. Far as channel 3 the format changed some, it fills the 16x9 screen a bit better now and seems to have cleared up a little.

PBS emailed me back today and said sometime mid-2003 they might be on air with their DTV broadcast, I guess thems the channels we will get for now.

TWC has an appointment to bring a HDTV cable box today so will see if that works out, if not we are gonna just drop cable altogether, easy getting spoiled with the DTV even with a limited number of shows sure cuts down channel surf time realising there aint nothing on TV-heheh

Thanks again Ken for replying.

Mr. Crowley

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhm, not sure if its the sampo 34" or maybe the squirrels chewing on the wires but this hd cable box from twc is horrible, definitely not worth the wait. I think I better stick to OTA and DVD till a better box is available, unless DSS is all that and a bag a chips.

Mr. Crowley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.