I have had the Roger's PVR for a week now. It is a vast improvement over a VCR but I have noticed several errors that I assume are at the software level. Here they are in order of decreasing annoyance:
1) I am in the middle of recording a show and I am watching the already recorded portion (that is, I haven't caught up to the live feed). When the recording stops at the end of the show, I get booted right out of the playback. I then have to fire up the recorded show again and navigate to where it left off.
2) When I am in the middle of recording a show and I wish to watch what I have so far recorded from the beginning, there is no way to jump to the beginning. I have to press rewind and wait.
3) Cancelling a scheduled recording wreaks random havoc. If I am recording a show and cancel a scheduled recording, the recording in progress usually craps out.
4) Errors in the Program Guide. For some reason the program guide insists The Daily Show is on from 12:05 to 12:35. It isn't. It's on from 12:00 to 12:30. So I either continually miss the first 5 minutes or schedule manual recordings.
5) Errors in manual programming. If I set a manual recording to occur around midnight, I often get two manual recordings showing up in my scheduled recording for no apparent reasons. The second phantom recording is set to record the half hour before the time period I requested. If I delete the phantom scheduled recording, I lose both. Weird.
For now these problems aren't "show stoppers". I still think the PVR is great and worth the money. I think my girlfriend may love it more than me at this point.
Has anyone else notice these problems and has anyone figured out any workarounds?
Does anyone know if Rogers plans on fixing some of these issues?
A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!