AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes. I am. Just moved from Raleigh and am a TWC customer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratch /forum/post/0

Yes. I am. Just moved from Raleigh and am a TWC customer.

Welcome! Have you had a chance to set up your home theater?

I thought I was the only one from Charlotte in this whole AVS forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been using AVS for research for over a year now, but posting only for a couple of months. I mostly participate in the Display forums and Charlotte, NC - TWC.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any of you guys have home theaters or in the process of starting one? Where do you live. I'm up by Concord Mills Mall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in Mooresville.....on Lake Norman....I am in the process of building my HT....so far I have the studs up.....sheet rock going up in a couple weeks with green glue....

-Dave

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in Wesley Chapel (south of Weddington), so I'm definitely on the other side of town. No home theater, just a room set up for movies. With two girls and one on the way, my room is set up for playing as much as anything else. You might want to drop a line in the Charlotte, NC - TWC forum. Those guys are pretty active and might be interested in HT meets. A few live on the north side of Charlotte IIRC.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I live in Chapel Hill, but get down to Charlotte monthly for different certifications.

I think there is a pretty strong group of HTphiles down there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Live in WS but travel through CLT 3-5 days a week. Love to participate in sharing ideas and knowledge. Start framing (DIY) in July.

Stu

PM with gathering Ideas.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I live at Holden Beach, NC. I am about 30 minutes south of Wilmington, NC and about 30 minutes north of Myrtle Beach, SC. I don't there is anyone near me at all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Charlotte (University Area) here. I posted about meets a few years back but not a lot of interest generated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fort Mill here...

Currently my HT is half of a finished basement that will compete with a game room and office...nothing permenant yet, just hooked up to a rear projection to get by until I have tme and money to do it right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am in the Matthews/Mint-Hill area right off 485. Also, ebr is a frequent poster who lives in Mooresville. My HT has been done for several years now - can check it out in the Members Gallery. Love to hook up with any of you to visit your HT or show you mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am in Denver, NC (West side of Lake Norman). I am on theater number two. This one is more of a multi-use media room rather than my previous dedicated theater.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just found this thread. Glad to see there are so many HT folks in the Charlotte area.

GndPrx, I am in Fort Mill as well. Been here about a year now and in the framing stage for the basement. I plan on working down there a lot this weekend as the wife and kids will be out of town so I have the house to myself. I will be framing the ceiling for the main basement. I need to finish my framing so I can get lights installed and everything inspected.

Anyone feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

John

1 - 20 of 118 Posts