AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should let someone who can check it out take this deal for me.

The seller seems very unsure of tube condition, then when it sounds like I want to back out due to misinformation he then says oh yes I did check it thourougly.

Maybe someone could just look at it for me if there is no buying interest.

fleabay item 3046301187

Troy

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to be clear on things I'm not talking about being a deadbeat bidder here, simply getting some wishy washy info from the seller and getting a bit leary.

Troy

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey Troy,

No guarantees, but last year I bought a VS-1281 from them. Turned out perfect with only 870 hours! Sold it locally to a guy running HD and [email protected]

Terrific picture! He's thrilled with it.

They gave me next to no info on it....I just took a chance and it worked out ok. If it's in good shape, this is a great machine!

BTW....without the remote....you can't even turn this thing on!!

Good luck, Drew

·
Registered
849 Posts
Buy it where a third party holds the money until you can check out the unit and are happy with it. Then the seller gets paid. Ebay has a Escrow service.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drew,

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

I don't like escrow services any more than paypal guarantees, both have not helped a whole lot in the past since you have to send the thing back if you don't like it and then what is the point when you are out $500 in shipping both ways on a $600 item and paying more fees on top of that.

I'll report how it turns out., No-one jumped up right away so I payed and I'm working on stretching exercises for my cornhole just in case... :)

thanks guys

Troy

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hi Troy,

I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma, (which is 2 hours from Piedmont) and might be interested in taking that auction off your hands.

PM me if it's not too late, and I might be willing to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Drew: I don't know about you, but the seller sent tubeface pictures last time(of course I got them AFTER you'd bought the damn pj !!), this time he said he was "too busy" to take the lenses off. Made me NOT bid. But you never know.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked and he said "time is money, send me $50 and I'll take lenses off and send pictures... "

Troy

·
Registered
752 Posts
Troy....You have a PM :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hmmm......... Mitsubishi's site seems to say this is a 7" unit. Is this really an 8" CRT or 7"?

CRTs

7" with electromagnetic focus; 6" phosphor area; Impregnated Cathode Dynamic Beam Forming for improved edge focus.

Inputs

RGB analog (x2), composite video, S-video, and separate Y/C.

Dimensions (WxHxD)

25 x 13.5 x 34.5" (635 x 342 x 876 mm).

Weight

176 lbs. (80 kg). (Ugh!!)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gn2,

Yes, that was after I purchased it though, and just one of the things that I felt was "wishy washy" at best and made me concerned after the sale. I didn't do my research first like I should have. I just went off the lame description.

Schud,

I am fairly certain it is an 8" tube, even though Mits says 7". Maybe they didn't feel a need to overstate their manliness and went with actual measured size and not what the manufacturer puts out?

Well, it's not the first time I've jumped head first with blinders on. I really need to stop doing that.

Troy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
"Hello, my name is Troy, and I am a projector-a-holic" :D

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A real addiction would consume almost all of someones time, take all their money, and leave them with nothing in the end.

Only two out of three apply to me, and I haven't had to pimp myself out yet to support this habit... :)

Troy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.