AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying one of these projectors but I have never seen one in action. I have a Zenith Pro-880 CRT projector but I want to make sure that I'm not taking a step backward in image quality.

So I was wondering if anyone in the area who owns an LT150 would be up for bringing it by one evening to compare with my setup. I would be glad to get some fine beverages and some gourmet pizzas from Central Market to add a little more incentive.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok, now this is wierd. I live in the Austin area and upgraded to an LT150 from a Zenith Pro881x.

All in all, its a very worthy upgrade. The Zenith 881 couldn't use component or progressive sources, so it had very visible scan lines. The NEC is way sharper and more film like. The Zenith may have slightly better colors, but not much. Black levels are pretty comparable.

Everything else, the NEC wins hands down. The picture quality on DVDs is vastly improved. The only question is are you ok with seeing the occasional rainbow (they don't really bother me much after I got over the initial "hey theres a rainbow" attitude).

At some point (hopefully soon) I may have a few people over when my HT setup is finished. Send me an email to [email protected]<dot>com. I'll try to answer any ?'s about the NEC vs. Zenith and maybe do a demo....

-Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.