AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done putting up rs uhf/vhf antenna( the biggest they had) but cant seem get signal stronger than 65% with lots of digital artifacting. i treid adding vhf booster also from radio shack no help, played with the rotater still help. the other vhf digital station comes extremely well but cbs wont stay for long.

help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
WOIO CH 19 HAS BEEN BAD ALL YEAR I LIVE IN THE MENTOR AREA AND CAN GET THE DETROIT CBS FEED ON GOOD WEATHER DAYS BETTER THAN WOIO CH 10-2 DT

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
WOIO is owned by Raycom Media, the outfit that runs my local CBS station. Their commitment to HDTV seems pretty lukewarm. WOIO is one of only two stations that they own that currently broadcasts HDTV.

Here in Shreveport they have the gear pretty much ready to go, but they aren't going to power up their transmitter until May 1st, 2002. I suspect that if the FCC deadline is delayed, KSLA's on air date will also be delayed. They know what HDTV is (unlike KPHO in Phoenix) but they don't want to spend too much on the electric bill for an HDTV simulcast. They also aren't big on waivers for the CBS HD feed on Dish Network. This is a really great example of a station group that should get out of the way until such time as they're willing to reliably broadcast HDTV.

Jim

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Same thing with me. I just got my stb and I can get all the UHF channels at 100 strenght, but I'm having a hard time with the VHF channels. I finally brought in channel 2-nbc this morning. I'm using an amplified indoor RS antenna. I just attached a big coax and ran it up to my 2nd story window and got channel 2 finally, but it was just at 30%. I could get 10 - CBS at about 17, but no picture. I'm off to RS to buy a big antenna and I'm going to see if I get anything with that. I want to see the NCAA game!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.