AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a new projector in the very near future - and at the top of my list is a DLP unit like the BenQ W6000 or possibly a Mits - I'm just reading about too many nitpicky issues with the AE4000. Before I pull the trigger I need to see a DLP in action to find out if I'm sensitive to RBE. Any advice or local people willing to placate my concerns?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Unfortunately, seeing a DLP projector once for a short viewing may not reveal any RBE. It was close to a month into owning mine before I ever saw a single RBE.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well - that's a little unfortunate. So do I play it safe with LCD or go with DLP..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have been happy to accomodate, but my HC1500 died on me. I'm looking around for a replacement and will most likely end up with a DLP if you're going to be holding out for a while.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely be pulling the trigger soon - just not sure how soon. Shoot me a PM if you do decide anytime soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
It also depends on the color wheel speed. For the Mitsu hd1000, I see RBE most of the time, but not so with the HC3000.

Even w/ a 5x wheel like the Benq 8700, I still see them but even less frequent, so YMMV.

I owned all 3 kind of technology, LCD, DLP and LCOS which is the latest.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I'm certainly leaning towards DLP because I'm a sharpness + color nut - I just have to take a chance I suppose.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a samsung 710 ae and I am in league city area. I can show you my set up. I will be off all next week for spring break though. let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live in Crosby, and I am off on weekends. Shoot me a PM if you would like to check mine out. I have a Optoma HD20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts