AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an off topic post but I have many good friends that hang out in this forum.

I am moving my family back to the upper penn. of Michigan to take on a new business opportunity. My wife and I went to school up there. We are moving to the Iron Mountain area. Are any of you "nerds" near that area? I am hoping to find a house that has a basement capable of having a theater built and I could use some help.
I am also hoping to be able to make it down to some of the meets in downstate Michigan. (even though us U.P. folk don't normally associate with the "downstaters")

We will be heading north out of Kansas on June 8th.

Take care everyone,

-Eli

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You are much closer to Wisconsin than Michigan's Lower Pennisula... closer than even the Eastern U.P. and the 'Mac' bridge. So you might want to look to 'hook up' with Wisconsin folk.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hello Eli.

I am originally from the Iron Mountain area, until moving down to Iowa and now work for Elemental Designs.

I am in the area quite often, when visting relatives.

If you would like any scoop on the area, what to do, whos good and whos not, let me know.

If you dont mind me asking, what are you going to be doing in the area?

You can email me directly [email protected]

Alex Lindeman

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer /forum/post/0

You are much closer to Wisconsin than Michigan's Lower Pennisula... closer than even the Eastern U.P. and the 'Mac' bridge. So you might want to look to 'hook up' with Wisconsin folk.

I lived in Milwaukee for 2 years.
I just wanted to get a feel to see if there was ANYONE around up there. I have made some good friendships through this board and I would like to continue.

-Eli

·
Registered
6,201 Posts

Quote:
(even though us U.P. folk don't normally associate with the "downstaters")

Holy Man!

Now that's a nice way of saying Yoopers and Trolls & Fudgies, Eh!

Don't forget to pick up a copy of "Escanaba in da Moonlight" to go with your Pasty and Jumbo when you break in your new theater, Ya Know?

The Michigan economy is hurting at the moment, housing prices are dropping in the mitten. Iron Mountain is a different country for sure, but there should be some good buys on the market. Most newer construction in the lower has basements with and extra block high, around 8.5 ft.

Good luck and welcome back!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry /forum/post/0

Holy Man!

Now that's a nice way of saying Yoopers and Trolls & Fudgies, Eh!

Don't forget to pick up a copy of "Escanaba in da Moonlight" to go with your Pasty and Jumbo when you break in your new theater, Ya Know?

The Michigan economy is hurting at the moment, housing prices are dropping in the mitten. Iron Mountain is a different country for sure, but there should be some good buys on the market. Most newer construction in the lower has basements with and extra block high, around 8.5 ft.

Good luck and welcome back!

Housing is still sky high in the Iron Mountain area. It is such a popular vacation area for Milwaukee and Chicago that I am not sure that will ever change.
It is total sticker shock coming from Wichita.

-Eli

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterankoman /forum/post/0

Be prepared to burn your Lions stuff and buy Packers. Nothing but Packers fans up there.

No worries. I can't stand the Lions or the Vikings. Packer fan for life!

-Eli

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.