Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Utah with a HTPC?

I have yet to run accross anyone in my area with an HTPC, I thought it would be benificial to be able to see how others are running thier HTPC's and what kind of video quality thier getting also to be able to bounce ideas off someone local. If anyone is interested please contact me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Bountiful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pleasant Grove

Based on the amount of replies I can see why most people around here don't even know what an HTPC is. How long have each of you had an HTPC and whats your basic config.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've only been in Utah for about 7 months now although I've been planning on building an htpc well before that.

I'm currently running a cheap-o 800 mhz gateway computer, which I will be upgrading in the very near future. Looks like this was their first attempt at making an htpc, as it has RCA plugs for video and audio all over.

Pulled out the AIW and the soundcard that were in it and replaced it with a Revo and an ATI 9000 Pro, also added an 802.11g adapter as well.

Currently have it piping to my 51" Hitachi, although I'm going to try my hand at the smart panel at some point so I don't have to turn my TV on just to control everything.

How 'bout the rest of you?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I live in Saratoga Springs.

I have had a HTPC for a few years now. It's been a long, sometimes frustrating process.

My current config is an Asus P4PE MB with 2.4Ghz Intel, 1G Ram, Sony DVD+-RW, AccessDTV HDTV card, ATI 9000 AGP in a 4U rack mount case.

My secondary display "monitor" is the old Sony 50" KL-W9000 with VGA.

I'm now on the AccessDTV AVS team to upgrade the software.

I just recently lost most of my reception for my HDTV though.

Anyone know of any good HDTV antennas I can buy locally and stick in my attic?

In Saratoga Springs I'm about 30 miles from Farnsworth Peak and don't have line of sight to the HDTV feed. But I USED to have pretty good reception considering I was using the Silver Sensor indoor antenna with a 10db Radio Shack in line coax amp.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm in Riverton. Been a long-time HTPC'er (before nearly everyone knew what one was) and was once instrumental in the later HiPix AVS editions. Now I'm just too busy making USB-UIRT's :)

-Jon

·
Registered
757 Posts
Been HTPCing since 1998 with a micromirror (DLP) projector. Joined this forum when there were only a few hundred of us (March 1999). And I live in Pleasant Grove. I also have a regular Panasonic (second from top of the line) DVD player hooked up to the projector for demo purposes. The difference between "regular DVD" and the HTPC is an order of magnitude. Send me a personal message and we will work out the details if you want to come up the hill for a look-see.

Hi Jon Rhees! We HiPixer's miss your screwing around with the HiPix software! Philips really blew it when they lost you... and me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to live in Spanish Fork, But the Air Force sent me on an exciting vacation to somewhere really warm....

Does that count

I Wanna be cool too.....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ahbradford
an exciting vacation to somewhere really warm....
Ahbradford, tell me you aren't in Iraq sending email from a tent in a sandstorm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You know i can't confirm that.......but I can tell you that i had newegg send me PC parts out here....alot cheaper than a laptop....Yes it's true, someone even brought a cheap Infocus. I think we are all nerds at heart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.