AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm not breaking a forum rule by posting this.

Just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in buying my Showstopper pv-hs2000. It has a 100 gig drive and is in good working condition except it hangs about 1 or 2 times a day. My guess is that a new drive would do the trick. I honestly just don't feel like messing around with it to try to fix it.

Anyone want to make me an offer?

Dan

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I could even give you a better idea on how to fix it... if you care... take the cover off. You problem will most likely go away. Also get the SS out in the open, not in an entertainment center. It NEEDS air too keep it cool.

7200RPM drive in a SS is not a smart idea without some extra airflow. Heat will get you every time. WD drives run hotter than maxtors could be a bit more of a problem if you have a WD drive.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Dan I can't pay top dollar. Send me an email and I'll make an offer.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Like Jeff said... get your SS out in the open.

Take it for short walks in the park, a movie, that sort of thing.

My PVR likes to sit by an open window and make cute little fan noises at the birds.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My old showstopper was happy with a quiet night in front of the TV.

My wife was never so low maintenance! :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterK
My old showstopper was happy with a quiet night in front of the TV.

My wife was never so low maintenance! :D
This explains why you still have the PVR, of course ... :p

·
Registered
653 Posts
Actually the wife is now a bigger Replay Fan than I am!

She tells all he friends about how They should give you a Replay when you leave the hospital with a baby, be cause otherwise you cna forget about watching TV on the networks schedule for about 10 years! :D

I think she has sold more units than anyone. I have always wondered why the DVR companies don't use that angle in ads. Everyone knows you need the wife to agree to a big purchase. If she thinks it's for pausing the football game (making that time you are away for her longer) she will never agree!! But show her that it is for her, that she can do what she needs to do and watch all the shows she wants on her schedule and these things would fly out of stores!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
My wife still hasn't really accepted the Replay after 10 months. I think she would have by now, if it wasnt' for all the lockups and repatching I had to do in the first five months.

Of all my toys, my Audiotron still has the highest WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

·
Registered
653 Posts
Really? What does your wife like about the aduiotron? I have been thinking about getting one for a while.

A wife testionial would help :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I know another Replay and Audiotron (AT) user here has the same experience (Ashinsesq). Here's why, in my opinion: The AT is dedicated to one thing, which it does quite well. The user interface is fairly simple. Some dislike the lack of a TV output, but this is also a strength. You don't have to turn on the TV to use it (and select the correct TV input, etc).

While the AT is not without bugs, it has been around for three years or more and while there have certainly been some feature improvements, etc, the core software that runs the darn thing is tried and true. It just doesn't have the reliability issues like the Replay.

And while she (my wife) does miss the physical contact with CDs, she appreciates being to access our entire music collection with a few buttons. Overall, it takes less effort than playing a CD. Whereas the Replay takes MORE effort than just surfing around for something decent on the tube.

I really strongly endorse the AT.. if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.