AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To connect one of Mitsubishi's well-reviewed new HD set top box receivers to one of Mitsubishi's first generation HD TV sets (such as the VS805), Mitsubishi requires that you buy their $300 (!) component-to-RGBHV converter, the RGB-CV10. To add insult to injury, you can't get it! It's perpetually back-ordered, and they won't take pre-orders from dealers!! You're dealer is expected to call up Mitsubishi every couple of weeks and hope that he's lucky enough to get one of the few that's arrived.

Needless to say, my friend, who has this problem, and would just like to watch HD on his Mitusbishi HD television and Mitsubishi HD receiver (!) has asked if me if there is an alternative solution.

Key Digital and AA may have solutions, but can anyone confirm that they have actually tried them and they work. Guesswork and logic won't do because it seems the Mitsubishi proprietary component-to-RBGHV converter also has a D15 connection (Mitsibishi calls it a "control cable") that one may also need to connect from the converter to the TV. If that is indeed what the D15 connection is for (i.e., it's NOT a simple HD VGA connection), you're locked into their overpriced, UNAVAILABLE converter.

Can anyone confirm that one of the after market units such as the Key Digital converter will work, or offer a work-around?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Check out the ***************.com. There is a thread related to starting a class action law suite. If I recall, this problem was listed as one of the issues.

In response to your question, I'm not sure. You might be able to get some broadcast quality converters...try http://www.markertek.com/

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had no problem getting a RGB-CV10 adapter from the Mitsubishi web site. Look under Customer Service \\ Parts and Accessories.

The $300 appalled me after spending 20K with my dealer when I bought the whole system. I made them eat the $300 off the SR-HD5 Satellite receiver..

Btw/ the adapter does not hook up to the 15 pin control connector at all.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stuarts,

So the 15 pin control connector hooks up to what -- the HD STB and the TV?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got an Extron transcoder in the AVS auction that I used with my first generation Mits. It worked really well. I recently bought a Toshiba HDTV to replace my Mits so I don't need any longer. It's only about a year old and is in great condition. These boxes are about $900 new.

I hate Mitsubishi. I'll never spend another dime with them.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.