AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Bravo D1, but my projector, a Sharp m20-x, only has one DVI connection. I've also got component sources I switch through my receiver to connect. The projector is ceiling mounted at the other end of the room, so I'd like to run a DVI-I cable from the projector to the equipment racks. That way I can switch the connection in that closet, rather than at the projector and run a component to DVI-A cable into it to run component, and connect it directly to the Bravo to play with that. Problem is, I see lots of 10M DVI-D cables, but only 5M DVI-I cables. Is there a reason for this? I'm guessing at this distance it isn't great to daisy chain two (especially since there will be another adaptor for the DVI to component cable much of the time).

A. Will this even work? Will Bravo take a DVI-I plug (or would I need another cable at that end with a DVI-D plug)?

B. Where the heck do you buy one?

C. As an alternative, I read a post where one person on this forum (mzk4c3) is using a DVI-I to DVI-D and VGA splitter from Pacificcable successfully with this projector, per an older post. I've read from several folks that the DVI to 2 DVI splitter from them doesn't work. Anyone know if this one might (ie., one output is analog the other digital?) Anyone else try this? My HD tuner has a VGA out, so I could use that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.