AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Wade Antenna but the only company that sells them near me has a minimum purchase amount. Is there someone in the US that doesn't require a minimum order amount and can ship to me? I've contacted Wade but they don't sell directly. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Quote:
Company: Goldcrest Electronics

Address: 700 S. Goodman

Rochester, new york

Zip: 14620

Phone: (585) 546-8464

I just called them yesterday cause I was interested in buying the SL-4BT and had some questions. They had no answers but gave me Wade # to get my ?'s answered. I haven't ask them yet, but let me ask you guys.

First off, I live in Buffalo NY and most of the stations come in two directions [135-150 degrees, and 305 degrees] all stations are about 20 miles away. Currently I have CM 4220 [guessing] I get all stations but have drop-outs on either the SE or NW stations depening on which way the atn faces.

Someone reremend the Wade bowtie on another thread [ http://www.wade-antenna.com/Wade/UHF.htm] . This is like my CM less the back screen/grid.

So would the SL-4BT be bidirectional because the back grid is removed? What is the reason for having the back grid? Is it a distance thing?

I was going to try the CM4228 cause getting the SL-4BT seem difficult but if it a better match I will try to find that one

Thanks for any help

DRB

·
Registered
748 Posts
As Rick says your best bet may be a rotor. If you insist on bidirectional two back to back CM 4221's (you already have one) might be easier than the Wade. Just make sure everything is as identical as possible and that your mast can handle the weight although it's no heavier than the 4228. A second cable to a switch could also be used if that doesn't work out.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Quote:
As Rick says your best bet may be a rotor.

I want to avoid a rotor with the main reason being DVR appilications.

Quote:
A second cable to a switch could also be used if that doesn't work out.

Same reason.

I thought I wouldn't be able to use the CM4228 cause it was direconal and only shows a 15 degree beam width

DRB

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you have a 4220 (a fairly new two-bay reflectorized bowtie from channel master), you could try stepping up to the 4221 (four bay bowtie, twice as tall but the same width). The beamwidth should be about the same horizontally.

If you want a non-reflectorized bowtie (which may well work with channels from nearly opposite directions, or may fail due to multipath), you can simply remove the reflector screen from a 4221; they're easily available.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Quote:
Take a drive to syracuse and I would be flattered to sell you a brand new cm 4228 for 30 bucks if you are interested.

At thirty bucks I would buy it just to check it out, I wish I had a reason to go to Syracuse. It would take me a couple of hours one way plus cost another 30 bucks in gas.

Is that thing UPSable?

DRB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.