AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the NEC LT154? They show up on eBay from time to time. It looks like it is the same projector as the LT155, only with lower light output (900 vs 1200 lumens). I'm guessing that maybe it is the LT155 without the MLA, which would account for the difference in lumens since they use the same lamp.

Anyone ever seen one of these?

· Registered
73 Posts
The deal is that DELL was selling them for their big quarter end. I was one of the lucky ones to get an email stating that if you buy one LT154 for $3,600, you get one free. You had to buy it by 4/30 and limit 5 free projectors.

I have 2 on backorder right now. That's one and one free. I have been in the market for a couple of weeks and I could not pass this one up. I'll live with the 900 lumens as I had only 450 before. I'll sell the free one, sell my old projector and pay off this one. It's like upgrading for free. Then save up for the next generation in a few years. This should do for a while.

The ebay deals are worth it. And you can buy the ceiling mount through DELL as well.

· Registered
151 Posts
You should stack the two to get 1800 lumens.

Then you can overlap the pixels a little bit

instead of perfect alignment and get depixellized

for free. This will achieve the exact same

objective as the expensive depixellizing lens,

which misaligns two images a little bit.

Or, to get really wild, get some software that will

send alternating pixels of a high def image to alternating

projectors, dealign the pixels 50 percent, then you

get:

1. depixellizing

2. double lumens

3. double resolution

Darn, you got a good deal.

John.

· Registered
73 Posts
From Dell's website:

The LT154 is covered by NEC Technologies industry-leading service programs. InstaCare provides projector repair and return within three business days or next business day replacement. When overnight isn't fast enough, NEC offers InstaCare Xpress. TravelCare provides service coverage for the international traveler.

Additional Features: Warranty- Registered owners receive a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty including InstaCare. InstaCare provides the original owner limited 3-business day repair/return or next business day exchange for the first 2 years.

That sounds good enough for me. But stacking them will not be an option for me since I am going to ceiling mount the unit with only an 8' ceiling. I should have ordered the mounting kit separately since is is holding my entire order up. Yikes... Hurry...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.