AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when BB might be getting the new Maxent 50" that was announced at CES?

Just curious because I bought the MX-50X5 a few weeks ago for an outstanding price, and they have the 60-day price guarantee. It's already $50 less than what I paid for it 9 days ago... should I get the difference now or wait a bit longer? I'd just hate for them to get rid of it before I can take advantage of the price guarantee.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can you get the $50 now and then go back for another adjustment if it falls farther? It seems these tv's go on sale every other week so I think you would be safe to wait. The set is bound to either fall in price or go on sale somewhere again within the next 51 days. I say wait.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a one-time deal, so you have one shot to go claim your price difference. I'm just afraid that they'll ditch the MX-50X5 within the next 30 days, and I'll miss my opportunity. Although, I also think the MX-50X5 may drop in price again after the Superbowl...

Guess I'll have to check BB every few days to make sure that (a) the TV is still there, and (b) the price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unless the BBY policy has changed since I left a few months ago, you can get more than one price match if their price drops. It is at their discretion to either honor the lower price of have you return the tv but my store and my dept would always match our own price even if it did drop rather than take a return of that dollar amount ($1000 or greater).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our BB isn't too "flexible" or customer-friendly... I hate dealing with them because the sales guys will outright lie to you to make the sale, and then when/if you have a problem and you try to get it resolved they develop temporary Alzheimers. I called them earlier this morning (just before my post) and they said they only honor one price drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.