AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a year ago when i moved it looks like i got a crack in my mirror and i want to open it up and verify prior to ordering it hust in case its the inner screen but i dont want to screw anything up trying to open without any instructions or knowledgable suggestions. i would hate to open it and see its the inner screen and not the mirror and be out the mirror cost. figure i would clean it our while im at it. so if anyone has any experiance opening one of the 2008 models i would appriciate advice. thank you

·
Registered
675 Posts
There are "portholes" in the sides of the mirror box. Just remove the cover - only one screw - and you will be able to look at the mirror and the back of the screen without opening anything else.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this sucks there is no port on the left or right side of the set so i think i will just have to remove the front at this point. It looks as if there are the screws in the top,sides and 2 bottom from the rear. Any thing else i should know.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orguss1  /t/1415679/anyone-know-how-to-open-up-a-wd60737#post_22153030

Well this sucks there is no port on the left or right side of the set so i think i will just have to remove the front at this point. It looks as if there are the screws in the top,sides and 2 bottom from the rear. Any thing else i should know.
Are you sure you have a WD-60737?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Positive thats what i paid pauls tv for back in the day andthats what ny tv says on the back just no port on the side. Was it something they only had on some?or did i end up with an odd duck. However at this point i need to put this on the side burner because now my set powers on but ijust have black screen so i need to figure that out first hopefully just a bulb so gotta start a new thread toget suggestions

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orguss1  /t/1415679/anyone-know-how-to-open-up-a-wd60737#post_22159961

Positive thats what i paid pauls tv for back in the day andthats what ny tv says on the back just no port on the side. Was it something they only had on some?or did i end up with an odd duck. However at this point i need to put this on the side burner because now my set powers on but ijust have black screen so i need to figure that out first hopefully just a bulb so gotta start a new thread toget suggestions

Very strange. Here's a pic of the access door an my son's WD-60737. Very hard to miss.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah no access door. just pulled the whole tv down since i have zero picture. i pulled off the front and it is my mirror so i cleaned the inside while i was at it and got all the dust out and my wife had a brilliant idea because when we were watching it the crack was noticable except when you put presure on the top corner where the crack was and it became so fine it was barely noticable. so she grabbed our metal ducting tape we gently pulled the mirror out and taped it from the back so it looks like a solid piece again except for a small hairline crack so hopping it wont be too noticable and save me the $100 plus the high shipping. now i have to figure why its not getting pic.

anyone have an idea on this one. tv powers up goes through its cycle of blinking green then solid green like it alwas has jus no pic. i assume its the bulb but i always thought there was a color change to the light? i just ordered one to be here wednesday but now im wondering i it could be something worse. there is no light from behind the set so the bulb is not coming on at all. any help here would be great.

and thanks so far for all the help on the screen part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts