AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already made the mistake of buying all five seasons of 24 on DVD without realizing that it will be released on Blu-ray in the spring (it says so on the consolidated blu-ray release thread here) and I don't want to make the same mistake with Alias.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm not sure if will come soon. Since its already off the air, it might not be a high priority for Buena Vista to release it on Blu Ray right away. 24 makes more sense because the series is still out there so its easy to "tie in" with the marketing of the show itself to get people to buy the older series of the same show.

The rights appear to be held by a BD-supprorting (+ exclusive) studio so if you are basing on the future availability of Alias then BD is the way to go, but it doesn't seem like the series will be appearing in the near future, maybe in a year or two? Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
It's already available for HD streaming and HD digital purchase, so I assume that it won't come to Blu-ray at this point. Is there a 10yr anniversary coming up? A movie reboot? Mini-series? If the latter two things happen, then maybe you'll see a Blu-ray release...

That's what I'm hoping for with Stargate SG-1 when the new movie reboots arrive...

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
It's already available for HD streaming and HD digital purchase, so I assume that it won't come to Blu-ray at this point. Is there a 10yr anniversary coming up? A movie reboot? Mini-series? If the latter two things happen, then maybe you'll see a Blu-ray release...

That's what I'm hoping for with Stargate SG-1 when the new movie reboots arrive...
Since it's Disney I don't see a disk coming, they tend to be fairly conservative on their releases unless they can make a lot of money, most studios treat TV shows the same way.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Bummer. Let's hope you're wrong. :)

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Maybe if Jennifer Garner was doing more than feel-good, "faith-inspired" crap these days, if she was a true leading, A-list actress, which she was about to become during the Alias era, maybe that would motivate a brand new Blu-ray release of "the show that made her a star"... I'm sure there are many other reasons too, but I guess this might be one of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.