AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never lived in an appartment before(just with parents...then move with friend and went half on rent & bills). I was wondering if anyone has ever lived in an appartment and wall mounted a hdtv. If so what were their policies. Any limits on the size of the tv, the wall mount, or any other hassles.

Just curious because although i really want to wallmount if its something most wont allow ill just buy one of those crappy hdtv tv stands. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Instead of asking it here, why don't you ask your apartment manager! I doubt if they would let you wallmount it since you will be putting some holes into the wall so if you do it anyway, they will charge you for the damage when you move out.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree with Jim_0068. As long as you patch it up before you move, I highly doubt they would care. Otherwise, they'll charge you damages.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reason im asking here instead of the manager is because if they wont allow it i can just do it and say "ohh i didnt know" and just pay for the repair to fix it.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
It doesn't really matter whether you know it or not because if you don't repair the damage before you move out, they will charge you for it. That's why the security deposit is for. Most if not all apartment complexes don't even allow residents to mount a satellite disc on the roof or building. If you read the leasing agreement, you would find a section about damages to apartment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hows about stand instead of wall mount?

Like mine:

Sorry my stand has kind of mess, because I just purchased the stand few days ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts