AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to High-Def Digest, MI:3 on Blu-ray still has an unconfirmed Dolby bitrate. Unlike HD-DVD version which has a confirmed 1.5Mbps bitrate: link

Quote:
Thankfully, the Dolby Digital rack on this Blu-ray disc is pretty kick ass. (Note that we've received updated info that the HD DVD is in fact encoded at 1.5mbps, though Paramount has yet to confirm to us the bitrate for the Blu-ray.) Of course, the big disappointment here is that no uncompressed mix is offered. According to the latest info from Paramount, that's because the studio is still concerned with compatibility issues on current next-gen hardware. However, that should change very soon, as new Blu-ray players are hitting stores this holiday season that promise to support such uncompressed formats as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

I'm just trying to decide which version of MI:3 to get (since I own a PS3 and a Tosh A2). I will get the higher bit rate audio track, since the video quality are both equal.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/0

Check my sig for a link.

MI:3 Blu-ray from your list (nice job, by the way, thanks) shows:

DD AC3 5.1 640Kbps

Guess I'll go with the HD-DVD version of MI:3. Hopefully, Paramount gets their act together and starts showing Blu-ray some love on the audio front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.