AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tossing up between these two projectors and was wondering whether anyone knew how much better the L720 is over the LC75. I know the 720u is rated at 2200 lumens over only 1200 for the 75u but are there any other significant improvements in the 720u that anyone is aware of?

I can get the 75u for around $400 - $500 cheaper than the 720u and I have good light control in the room I am going to be projecting in so basically what I am wondering is whether there is any compelling reason I might want to pay the extra and go for the 720u.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Get the 75U. I believe I read a review that the higher lumens of the 720u washed out the picture. I would wait a few more weeks, because the 76U will be out and the price should drop even more for the 75U. Or you may see a used 75U for sale soon :)

Scott

· Registered
1,199 Posts
So Scott, are you say that your 75u mite be for sale sometime soon?

Ddog!!

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Scott can you direct my to a link on these PJ's

Thanx, Ddog!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would also be very interested in finding out some info on these new projectors. Can you tell us any specs or point us to any info relating to them?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
I found a preliminary spec sheet for the 76U. You can find it if you run a google search for 'PT-LC76U' and click through on one of the resulting links. Basically it looks like they cost reduced the 75U and cut the weight by 1.2 lbs. It is a little brighter (1500 lumens), but everything else quoted looks the same. I was hoping to see an improvement in contrast ratio, but nothing is listed. There are a number of specs that are not mentioned.

At this point, I can't tell if this design signifies an improvement over the 75u for HT applications or not.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
The vendor I spoke with about the 76U (the vendor is popular in this forum) stated he thought the 76U had contrast and black level equivalent to the 300U, but was brighter. He was very impressed. Apparently the 76U will not have MLA, but the 80U will and will be 2000 lumen. I'm not sure how much MLA makes a difference, but I know my 75U has it. I expressed an interest in getting a 300U, but he told me to wait based on the demo of the 76U he saw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.