AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat... I want to buy one of their A/V racks, but hope to find somewhere that would give a bit of a price break.

·
Registered
940 Posts
mmsean,

I've got 2 of the TC-1 chairs and really like 'em. I was not able to find them on-line at a greatly reduced price so I purchased from a local A/V shop. I am happy to report that I paid about $200 less per seat than the price you posted.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Chris,

I wanted a rack of this type as well, but decided that they were just too expensive for anything of substantial size. So, I made my own in that style. Saved a bunch vs. what something comparable would have cost. Here's a pic of the final product...

·
Registered
445 Posts
David,

That looks great. What are some of the parts, you ordered and used? I am trying to go through the ( www.8020.net ) catalog now, but it is a bit overwhelming. Thanks for any help

- Scott

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
mmsean,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread...sorry that this is getting OT

Shine5555,

PM me if you'd like to talk specifics, but what I did was to sketch out a design and email to the 80/20 rep that services my area. Then we talked about it on the phone and he helped me pick out specific parts, and made suggestions about the design and how to build it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David

No no explain how you did it! I'll even change my header thread I'm sooooo interested in your artistry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.