AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the LG 50PY3d had received great reviews from CS and since LG made the prior versions of the Insignia PDPs I checked the back and side panels and menus and they are not the same set. Anyone seen this set or the LG 50PY3D? Should be able to get either set for a great price by fall. Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When it comes to Insignia plasmas, there is a "don't ask, don't tell policy" on these forums. If you own one of these tvs, I suggest that you stay in your closet and enjoy your set. Life will be alot easier.

I would also like to know who makes the innards on the new 1080p model. The price might be flirting with 1000 bucks by next spring.

.....runs back to closet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 720p model is the same TV as the LG. Surprisingly, it is actually a good quality picture for the money. Look into getting it ISF calibrated for a near Panny picture quality.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Proview doesn't actually make the panels, do they? I'll bet it's LG, though that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be of decent quality.

Have you looked at the 50" Vizio plasma at Costco? That might be a better choice for a bargain 1080p 50" plasma. There's also a higher end 50" 1080p Vizio coming out in July that I'll definitely take a serious look at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts