AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they've been planning some changes... but i thought they'd give some notice....

Any ideas on when it will be back?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone know where I can download XBMC in the mean time? I've been trying for a while to get my hands on it and try it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks! I'm assuming the higher the number the more recent the release.

Ok that and the fact that there's a release date...forgive me I've been at work for quite some time and I'm a little punchy.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Right now the development team is recommending people avoid the nightly builds. They're doing a lot of changes and that's why they made that recommendation.

You can still use the latest but keep in mind you'll probably find some bugs, maybe some serious ones.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl /forum/post/18309286

Right now the development team is recommending people avoid the nightly builds. They're doing a lot of changes and that's why they made that recommendation.

You can still use the latest but keep in mind you'll probably find some bugs, maybe some serious ones.

Bugs should be fairly minimal with the builds linked to, anything after those should be used with cautiion. Anything posted to the official nightly mirrors which this link is to will be fine. No builds are being compiled at the moment either officially or unofficialy.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo1 /forum/post/18310520

if somebody got an update, just post it here...

An update to what? - continue to attempt to access xbmc.org - if OK you will get access, otherwise you will receive the message - "Site down due to lightning strike at datacenter. Back soon."

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Surprising their hosting service (bytemark.co.uk) didn't have lightning protection. Organizations use hosting services to protect themselves from disasters such as this. Fail for bytemark.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl /forum/post/18314622

Surprising their hosting service (bytemark.co.uk) didn't have lightning protection. Organizations use hosting services to protect themselves from disasters such as this. Fail for bytemark.

Depends on the lightning strike. A hit in just the right spot will cause damage no matter how much protection you have (or think you have). Lightning has a huge amount of energy behind it.

Peter

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDorhyke /forum/post/18315225

Depends on the lightning strike. A hit in just the right spot will cause damage no matter how much protection you have (or think you have). Lightning has a huge amount of energy behind it.

Peter

1.21 gigawatts to be precise.

Source

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Proper lightning protection reduces the chance you'll be hit. Good disaster planning anticipates things like this and compensates via geographically separated backup facilities.

Or maybe they just need a better flux capacitor.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are essentially out of business due to their hosting company. Time to change hosts. Any good host will have disaster recovery to handle this type of problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found this thread , was bummed i got a g210 and was trying to get hdmi audio going with xbmc live distro. Got it working thanks to google cache but be nice to know whats happening. I found this thread by googling this term

"Site down due to lightning strike at datacenter. Back soon."

1 - 20 of 87 Posts