AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
I must comment on the picture in your ad. Is that the guy who played Spiderman? If so he is the stupidest looking actor I've ever seen, LOL

All during that movie I wanted to smack him to wipe off that dumb look on his face, and wake him up! LOL It drove me nuts!!

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I think some probably don't think they are just that great. My last purchased was in my own town and better than anything I could find on Videogon. Don't get me wrong, I like Videgon and look at the site everyday (checking the New Today).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't an NEC XG135LC that has 4490 hours on chassis with just installed NEC CRT's that have 1800 hours, (so, great red, near perfect blue and slight wear on green), with copy of install, setup, and operation manuals, 6051 remote, power cord, and as a BONUS, an NEC IPS 2000 scan converter/doubler, for $3750 from a reputable seller (ebay feedback over 370) a great deal.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ajantin

My comments are based solely on my personal observations of recent on-line advertisements, and not as a prospective, or likely buyer, but IMO it is possibly priced a bit high.

I don't think that the doubler adds much value to the package either.

CRTs are not fetching what they once were.

Mark

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
ajantin, I guess I buy locally so I can see the CRT faces themselves (except for when they are new). I burned my CRT's on my RPTV with less hours. Not knocking you are a seller, but explaining 'me' as a buyer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Ajantan,

I saw your ad a couple of weeks ago and I was somewhat interested.

Unfortunately, with the XG's, even the slightest bit of wear will be noticed if your raster image is outside of the previous user's image (e.g. going from 4:3 to 16:9).

I am considering an upgrade to the LC projector but the tubes need to be perfect and the $5,200 you want for the one with new tubes is too steep for me.

If I remember correctly, there was an NEC power buy here a few years ago for these things and they were going for $6,000+ brand spankin' new!

I also agree that the doubler does not add value as you would never use it with that projector.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
We must all recognize that aspect of supply & demand. While I am willing to bet that actual NEC-manufactured tubes are now a thing of the past, so is the aspect of finding a brand-spanking-new XG in a sealed box.

Also, I would think that many people shop around and of those that are shopping around and eventually buying they may be finding better deals, or at least deals that they find more attractive.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have several projectors there and have had a couple of lookers. Kind of weird all the inventory kicking around right now. I may pull mine off and wait until December to list.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I think Doug Baisey still has a 135LC new in the box...

Curt

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Is that the guy who played Spiderman? If so he is the stupidest looking actor I've ever seen, LOL
I have to take issue with this, since Spiderman was a great flick. I think you must not have read the original comic-book if your missing the point behind the main character. Not that I disagree with the fact that Tobey Maguire looked like a total nerd, but he was supposed to. These rags were written for all the guys in school who didn't fit in with the jocks, rebels, preppy's and other clicks. They were mostly shunned and never got the girl in the end. Sure, movies like Spiderman, Daredevil, and X-men are not in the league of LOTR or Saving Private Ryan, but I'm really glad Marvel Comics agreed to liscense them because 90% of the rest of the stuff on the wall at Ball Buster video is garbage.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I sold my BG800 through Videogon in just under two weeks. Lots of interested.

Of course your projector is high end as is the price. ;)

Do you (or anyone) have contact information for Detroit-area hi-def Jeff? I may want to have him (or some ISF tech) come out to get the most out of my BG808.

- Jerry

·
Registered
849 Posts
I found the number of Sony G90's for sale interesting. 3 0r 4 of them. Sure wish I could upgrade to one

Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
We must all recognize that aspect of supply & demand. While I am willing to bet that actual NEC-manufactured tubes are now a thing of the past, so is the aspect of finding a brand-spanking-new XG in a sealed box.

Also, I would think that many people shop around and of those that are shopping around and eventually buying they may be finding better deals, or at least deals that they find more attractive.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Oh yeah, the one thing videogon could do to make their site more appealing is provide for thumbnail next to the add like flea-bay does. I'm not a computer programmer but I wouldn't think that a little photo would use up that much more bandwith, would it? After all, a picture is worth a thousand words and most people think in terms of visual associations. It's certainly a better place to sell, no commission and and a hell of a lot less riff-raff low life scammers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.