AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I wrote up a little something on it, but it isn't really valid because I have a 480p projector. Basically I could just tell it's a lot less noisy than the DVD release and has more vibrant colors in the city scenes. There's not a ton of fine detail gained simply because the movie was filmed in tons of low light situations.

EDIT: Oh, and the dialogue is more intelligible than the SD's DTS soundtrack, and the surrounds are used a little more flowingly, too (In the two or three scenes that actually use them.).

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
It was shot with a very ugly fast film stock. It looked pretty flat and anemic in the theaters. And grainy.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anxiously awaiting my Amazon order - Lost in Translation & Letters from Iwo Jima....

·
Registered
141 Posts
just got back from fye and they already had this movie on the shelves. i was very tempted, but their ridiculous price of $29.99 kept me from pulling the trigger. i'll just wait and get it next week for $18 from amazon. i just thought i'd mention this in case anyone is willing to pay the inflated price to grab it a few days early.

this was the fye in selinsgrove, pa. i ended up just getting the fountain instead. this same store sells silent hill on blu ray for the great price of $40.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I picked this one up on the first big Amazon buy HD-DVD day. I used free-shipping with a few other titles though, so I probably won't get this one till next week. Looking forward to seeing the picture quality on this as it is one of my favorite movies. Will probably try to recoup some of the money for this one by selling the SD-DVD at this weekend's yard sale!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.