AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really itching to make a demo DVD of my favorite DVD scenes to show off the home theater. Don't you hate it when someone comes by and wants a demo of your home theater and you have to keep changing out DVDs after every scene? Anyway I'd really like to talk to anyone that has made a demo DVD of their own. Specifically how they went about it, what program to use, any tips/advice etc. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone told me that DVD Shrink is a good program to use... I downloaded the free version but it doesn't seem to work. I can't get it to read DVDs right and I keep getting an error. Maybe there's something else out there that will work?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I use an HTPC backed up with a server, so I don't use actual disks, but I have created multiple Demo "disks".

DVDShrink is the easiest program to use although it can't handle some of the new protections (aarcos). A program running in the background like AnyDVD can handle that issue.

A couple tips is to understand the time stamps for each section you want before you begin and to use the same audio choice for an entire disk (ie, Ac3, DTS).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The programs;

DVDshrink

DVD Decrypter

DVD Fab decrypter

Rejig

DVD Lab Pro

I use dvdshrink to make simple or dts demos, if I'm in the creative mood i create menus and navigation for more complex discs.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that's a long thread! I sent Swithey a PM... how exactly does it work? How do you obtain these demo DVDs and from who? I would say that about 90% of the material I would have included in my own demo discs has been covered already on those in that thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I made a demo disc and a trailer disc using DVD shrink, once you get started and figure everything out its pretty easy and fun picking scenes.

When I was a movie theatre manager I had a huge reel of nothing but trailers, when something came along that I liked I just added the trailer to the reel. When I got in the mood to see some old trailers I would spin this reel on to the platter system and have a screening of my favorite trailers. Since I am not in the movie business anymore I had to leave my 35mm trailers behind. But I recently tried to recreate my trailer reel by making a DVD trailer disc. It was alot of fun going through my collection trying to put the trailers in order of my original reel. I started the reel in 1993 with Jurassic Park and by 2002 I was just about out of room on the reel and I think the last trailer was Star Wars Episode II. All the trailers were in chronological order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.