AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this on tvauthority website and it looks ok. The price is awesome tough! Was wondering if anyone has this plasma display and can tell if PQ is any good? Any anamolies with the system?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have spent some time with this piece sent to me from another vendor. My sample was sent to me with the integrated tuner and speakers. Here is my very basic review.

I did not set-up the speakers so I cannot judge the sound. The speakers consisted of mountable cabinets with two 2" drivers and a tweeter. The unit itself is framed in an attractive black case and sits on a decent looking stand.

Overall picture was OK. The colors were bright and vibrant. Controls were very limited as far as setting colors and fine-tuning the picture. It did not have the functionality of the more expensive models.

Unfortunatley, I did not have an opportunity to hook this unit up to a DVD player so I can only judge the picture based on the Directv feed (which we all know is horrible).

I had the unit hooked up first through a coax feed from Directv. The picture here showed some serious noise. Ghosting was also apparent (This was more so than the Sampo unit that was hooked up here earlier). I then connected the unit via component cables directly to the box at the Head End (this unit was tested at a hotel in midtown manhattan that utilizes Directv as their free to guest service) and that cleaned it up quite a bit. Though still evident , the picture was significantly better with alot less noise and jaggies.

Overall, the picture was good for the money but do not expect to get "blown away". At that price point though, at this time, it is worth it.

Hope that helps.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.