·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Big,

That looks like some really nice granite. I'll bid if I can get YOU to deliver to Indiana. I'll feed you pizza and beer for your trouble. Now that gas is around 2 bucks a gallon shouldn't be too expensive of a trip for you. I'll even buy a extra pizza so you have grub for the return trip!

Whadayasay????

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I may just bid on that. I may not be anywhere close to building, but that may be a deal too good to pass up.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to read the details, you must remove the granite on the designated day which is next Friday. Failure to do so can result in your credit card being charged a disposal fee. It looks like a bring your own truck some beefy friends and even some saws to get the thing out of there kind of deal. I can't tell from the pic but they may have epoxied the joints so that you will need to break/saw the sections apart.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Man- wish I lived closer...

CJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
I might just bid on this. Anyone know the best way to separate the pieces? I imagine they are glued/sealed together at the sections. How do you take that apart? Is it as simple as the granite being heavy enough that the glue will yield first?

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to close out this story. The auction ended this morning. During the last 5 minutes the price more than doubled and closed at $1120. That is $22 sq ft. still a bargain. Roughly a 1/3 of what it would cost at a granite shop installed.

I didn't expect it to go that high, someone must have a good use for that much counter. Anyone here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, I wish I had, I'm a while away from turning the workshop into the theater and by the time I do the butt kickers will be light years old.

Starting to wire the room up tomorrow, 5 120 circuits and 2 240s. Should be fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts