Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...

Does ANYONE have any info that they can share on the actual release date of the new RCA TruFlat tvs... specifically the D36TF20? A few websites list this model as available for preorder... but no news on a ship date... and now that RCA has removed all mention of these from their Scenium website.. I am not very happy. I was hoping to snag this by Xmas 2001... does anyone have any info or a contact at RCA that has been in ANY way helpful???

Thanks and regards,

Jeff

------------------

* RCA MM36100 36" 4:3 Direct View HDTV (DEAD AS A DOORNAIL!!!!)

* RCA DTC-100 STB

* Marantz SR-8000 Receiver

* Niles AT8200 In-walls

* Paradigm PW-2200 Subwoofer

* Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

* Audiotron Digital Music Player

* Panasonic PV-4559 Hi-Fi VHS

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was at a local dealer recently and happened to ask him about the new RCA sets. He said that they have cancelled plans to produce them. I am not sure if he was referring to these exact models.

------------------

nick

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I've heard that indeed they are cancelling the planned 4:3 models, and have decided to release 34/38" widescreen flat sets instead under the Scenium name.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Any word on when the new flat screens would be available. A 38" flat screen 16:9 would be perfect for my situation. Hopefully under the Scenium line the QC would be better than the standard RCA (the current 38" set has a very nice picture, but the probability of getting a lemon is pretty high).

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
You know, that's great news. I'm glad to hear that a manufacturer has decided that gee, maybe a 16:9 screen really is the way the market is going. Kei, are these new Scenium sets HD-compatible or are they SD widescreens?

------------------
Sc>cc>oc>tc>tc> Gc>ac>mc>mc>ac>nc>sc>
My Website

·
Registered
258 Posts
The TruFlat product line will appear on RCA and Scenium Logo'ed sets on analog as well as hidef product.

A few big brass players at TCE are unamused at the lack of VGA/SVGA support in the *original* model descriptions of the Scenium D3xTF20 units. As TCE goes head-to-head with Zenith on commerical sales of 4x3 VGA/SVGA and SD sets, TCE will suffer a large market share loss, in particular due to Zenith's bridge HDTV sets.

A rumor I heard was the [re]announcement of the 4x3 Scenium TruFlats that included VGA/SVGA support.

I haven't heard anything substantial on a TruFlat 16x9 set, but I hope the chassis is new and not a retooled F38310/PS38000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.