AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a condo and my back porch faces northeast. I can get a view of the southeastern to southern sky. I think that true north actually works in my favor about 4 degrees. My question is has anyone had an installer that wasn't able to pull in the satellites? What happened then? I would like to try out the BB deal, but was wondering what would happen if I couldn't pull in the channels. I'm assuming I wouldn't have to pay for it. Or would they charge me some set of set-up fee. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Simply find an installer who will do a pre-site inspection at no cost. It's a minimal thing and do not settle for anyone who charges for this.

You either have line of sightor you don't. This process takes a very short time.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If you do call a local dealer to do a site survey, don't be an ##shole and blow him off and go to BB! He was nice enough to do the site survey for free so you should give him the business! You think BB would come out and give you a free Site survey? Hardly!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FrankS,

If they can't provide a service because they have internal restrictions it is far from my fault. If they can't deliver their service I'm not paying for their ineptness to deliver their product. I didn't tell them how do design their service. I'm not going to pay a hundred more for a site survey either. They are a business, business is business and not personal. It sounds like you are taking this personal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wooderson,

I believe all Frank was saying is that if an installer is nice enough to come to your place and check your ability to get the signal, you should use them for the install if the survey is positive. It has nothing to do with DirecTV, it's just courtesy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand, but his tone was off. I didn't know the norm is to have a survey conducted or not. I would think it comes with the dish territory. I understand courtesy and I understand business, sometimes they don't overlap. I would have no problem with courtesy if it didn't cost me a lot more. If the benefit isn't worth the cost, then I won't be puchasing the service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.