AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a bad chroma delay issue when viewing movies. On some movies its very bad. It looks like the red or bright colors are bleeding or convergence is off but thats not the case.

Anyone else see this. I get this on the rgb and component inputs. Its not there on HD.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've not noticed anything like what you describe. Can you give some titles and scenes and what to look for?

Chuck Davis

P.S. It's 75 degrees and sunny outside and I'm typing responses to the AVS forum. I may have a problem.

·
Registered
792 Posts
NO such problem on my HITACHI 5500,in fact the color and convergence is rock solid,irregardless if a static picture, or a moving one(moving, white letters on black backgrounds(film credits,etc) are perfect. Overall picture is rock solid and clean.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Alan, what are you driving your evale 5500 with, via what connection, and as Chucked inquired, what titles/scenes are you seeing this condition in?

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im running theater tek via a HTPC and a component dvd player via component output.

By process of elimination it has to be my dvd player or the movie itself because going through the same component input as my progressive dvd player my HD material is perfect.

By the way the bluish push at the low end that I see through the rgb input is almost completely gone through the component input. This tells me my radian 7500 card is severely calibrated or the decoder on the rgb input is at fault. This eliminate the internal light reflection or leakage theory!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Alan,

I find the 'blue push' in the shadows of the picture can vary depending on the source and the input mode. On my unit it's worse in S-video. However, independent of the source or input mode, a blank grey screen (press blank on the remote after setting the blank colour) is not grey on my unit but blue/grey. The blue should not be there, cannot be removed by any menu adjustments and is therefore attributed to leakage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.