AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I have seen local audio-video sync issues on my DTC-100 and a simple channel change and back fixes it. Maybe that's what your needed. I started watching tonight about 15 minutes late but didn't notice any lipsync on Dish Net throughout the remainder of the show.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Yes, I noticed it too. It began in a scene with Meadow. Then the trip to the woods. Especially when they were in the VAN. Seemed to clear up toward the end.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don's comment about the DTC-100 might account for it in my case, since that's the HD receiver I was using. I did not try changing channels.

For the others that noticed it, what's your HD receiver?

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Mine is a DTC-100. HDNET, HBO-HD seems to happen frequently. Even when I switch birds, and come back it's out....searching for signal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Had the 10 second blackout- but I thought it was due to a passing thunderstorm. Guess I'm glad to hear that it might have been on HBO's end. Still, this is highly unusual. Typically my HBO-HD feed is very reliable.

No lip-sync issues that I noticed last night.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I had two drop-outs of about 5-10 sec each, followed by brief lip-sync/ double audio trouble on DTV ch 509. The weather here was beautiful and I have no history of these from local causes, so I'm guessing a glitch at HBO or the DTV head end.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Had the same problem on my Hughes Tivo which I recorded it with, so it wasn't just the HD feed. The middle 20 minutes were littered with dropouts of varying lengths.Got better towards the end.Figures,on my favorite episode of last season!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No problem on C-band. No lip-sync problem or motion artifacts. Both were present on the TU-HDS20. Perfect pix and sound on 4DTV/HDD200. I've got HBO/SHO on preview for a month and I think I will stick with C-band, based on what I've seen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.