AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever taken say a xg75, Barco 1208, Ehome 8500 and made them LC.

All three of these projectors have very close relatives that are LC. For the Barco and Ehome, we have gone one step closer to CRT heaven with the addition of color filters (KennyG's thread).

I have not taken off the lens off a LC before so I do not know if it is possible to create a liquid coupling, but what would it take to do it. Could the liquid container be fabricated, or is there something that is stopping all of us from moving on up?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Scott,

On a liquid coupled lens, the first lens element known as the CElement is part of the liquid cooling and CRT assembly. On a non LC assembly, like your 1208, the CElement is part of the lens assembly.

On the 1208 and 8500, I don't believe that there are any LC CRT's that would simply fit in the chassis. The closest thing to a 1208 might be the 1209 which uses a different P19 CRT. The 8500 I'm not sure about.

The most interesting line might be the NEC's in that the CRT (not the assy) I believe is the same between the say 110LC (model 1101) and the 110 nonLC (model 1100). Could you take an LC'd CRT and put it in an 1100?? I'm not sure. I did some brief investigation and found that the neck board of the LC is a bit different than the nonLC. The pinout's apprear to be the same.

So back to your original question. I don't believe that you could take a CRT (say like your 180dvb22) and put an LC assembly on it unless you had the mechanical LC and lens assy from something that might fit your CRT's. Then if you could get past that hirdle, you would be faced with how you would attach the new CRT assy to your chassis. The lens attaches to the LC assy so that wouldn't be a problem.

There was one a thread that someone started where they took 9" CRT's from a Barco something or other, and attempted to put them in a Barco 808. I wonder what the final outcome of that was??

Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.