AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there were a couple folks on here running commercial soft serve machines at home, I just picked one up and wanted to ask a few questions if there was anyone that still owned or used one.

Mine is a Stoelting E131 countertop twin twist model, (the twist thing was kind of a must have in my house). I am curious if anyone has tips on day to day operation at home, as it is very different from a restaurant. We are interested in using a lot of different flavor mixes over time and want to know how to prevent just throwing a lot of it out as it starts to run down. For example, once my machine starts to get down below 4 quarts in the hopper, the "low mix" light comes on and the manual says that you have to add mix to it to prevent damaging the unit. Well what if I don't stock anymore of a certain flavor, does the extra gallon just get thrown out? I am sure I could freeze it to store for a later date but unless I get more of that flavor, it seems that it would just be waste at that point.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one anymore? I knew I was weird but you guys don't know what your missing. I think I solved my problem though, I started putting small hotel pans in my mix hoppers to displace over half of their capacity so that the mix level is still plenty high but I only have a little bit left.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.