AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker ... first time poster....

These guys say they have the Panasonic 42PWD6UY in stock -- they have a horrible feedback rating out there -- has anyone ordered from them -- was it unpleasant? Looking for feedback because I might take the plunge an buy from them ---maybe:confused:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
IMHO, not worth the risk to save a few months. There are enough hazards to buying an expensive item like a plasma online without choosing a vendor with a bad rep. Yes, using a credit card will provide considerable protection, but any dispute can take months to resolve, and the CC company won't always take your side.

BTW, how come this seems to be about the only outfit in the country with these plasmas in stock? Makes a prospective customer wonder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juice -- I was led in their direction as well (won't mention any names - but probably the same source)

Stuert -- I agree -- I does seem a little fishy that they have access to the product when everyone else is out (including large national retailers as far as the consumer models are concerned).

Soooo... I found a local professional products seller that is an authorized Panasonic dealer......their price ends up being about a buck fifty more than Visual Apex (tax) -- same delivery timeframe (end of Feb.)-- but I feel more comfortable dealing with a company that has a location 10 miles from my house in case there are any problems... as an added bonus -- they are an authorized Panasonic warranty repair shop as well!!!

I have always been a little weary of buying such a high priced item over the internet (don't get me wrong -- there are plenty of reputable business out there that won't leave you out to hang) -- so I don't mind paying a little extra to be able to deal with a company in person ...

Hopefully, the end of Feb date will come true -- hehe -- I have been lurking on this forum since Oct 25, 2002 -- or around then -- that is when someone posted about the Dell deal (20% off and the coupon for another 10%) --- I needed the WAF to proceed with the order (I'm not crazy hehe) and when she finally caved in, I logged on to Dell to make the order. This was on Oct.30 and the offer was supposed to be good until midnight that day --- I logged on around 8 or 9pm --- and to my surprise -- the offer was GONE!! --- I called Dell -- the salesrep was aware of the offer and was going to take my order -- then he said -- "hmm, the Panasonic is no longer in the system so I can't take your order at all" .. discount or not!!-- - Man was I pi$$ed!...

So long story short --- I have been lurking and hoping to find a Panasonic for 3 months now (like a whole bunch of other people too apparently :)) --- maybe I will have one sometime this year heheh

This forum is great and I have gotten a good education from visiting here (on a daily basis) ---

l8r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.