AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm,

There are some decent deals on there and some rather arcane TV models I don't see anywhere else. This site could be one of those funky fronts to rip you off but I just don't know. The site has a BBBonline symbol but I checked BBBonline in Florida (where this site says it's business is located) and couldn't find them on BBBonline's list of businesses. Maybe I missed it on the list when looking for it? Seems fishy but some of their deals look sooo good. I'm hoping someone has ordered from them successfully before with good feedback.

·
Registered
900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy91 /forum/post/18279265

Hmm,

There are some decent deals on there and some rather arcane TV models I don't see anywhere else. This site could be one of those funky fronts to rip you off but I just don't know. The site has a BBBonline symbol but I checked BBBonline in Florida (where this site says it's business is located) and couldn't find them on BBBonline's list of businesses. Maybe I missed it on the list when looking for it? Seems fishy but some of their deals look sooo good. I'm hoping someone has ordered from them successfully before with good feedback.

Generally, "Media Markt" is a daughter company of the German company "Metro AG" (Metro Group) which is active in many European countries.

Media Markt is perhaps the largest electronics chain in Germany but they are usually not a mail order company.

According to Wikipedia they are not present in the USA but the information may be outdated and they have begun to franchise in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Group

It also appears to me that they use an older company logo of Media Markt in the top left corner - at least when comparing to the German website www.mediamarkt.de

Also: They don't seem to carry the normal product range Media Markt is known for. No deal breaker but it adds up, IMHO.

All in all, I'd be *very* suspicious about this venture and ask the European company if they know this site and if it is legal. I'm sure that they would be very interested to learn about it if it isn't...

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
They are using Privacy Protections at WHOIS registration of Domain Name.

Here's a link to some info on the registered company though.

http://www.aboutus.org/MediaMarkTus.com

I vacation in Naples, FL pretty regular and there's a large number of German Tourists or those that have vacation Homes their and perhaps they get a write off in their tax system if they do business in FL - Many US business mirror their businesses in Florida and have that option where they can write off many expenses while they're on vacation. Since they sit behind privacy protections it's challenging but I wouldn't risk unless you can pull at least something from Resellerratings.com and my search turned up zilch on them.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny42 /forum/post/18283783

Generally, "Media Markt" is a daughter company of the German company "Metro AG" (Metro Group) which is active in many European countries.

Media Markt is perhaps the largest electronics chain in Germany but they are usually not a mail order company.

Media Markt is the biggest electronics chain in Europe.

Westa,i took a look at MediaMarkTus.com,the logo is authentic,its Media Markt.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay,

A few of their items appear priced "too good" to be true for my comfort. Has anyone completed an order with them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are ok. I ordered a Pioneer PRO-111FD from them, the tv arrived in 10 days, it has 2 year manufacturer warranty and all the accessories, at first I hesitated to make a wire transfer but when they gave me 5% discount
I could not pass a good offer. Anyway I had a pain in my butt until the TV arrived, since they had no reviews

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonj62 /forum/post/18324970

They are ok. I ordered a Pioneer PRO-111FD from them, the tv arrived in 10 days, it has 2 year manufacturer warranty and all the accessories

But will the warranty be valid when purchased through them? If they're not an authorized reseller of Pioneer equipment, Pioneer can turn their back on you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know Media Markt from Europe - they are huge but this one seemed somehow suspicious to me.

I found this:

resellerratings dot com/store/Media_Markt_Inc

The deals are crazy though -

Samsung LN52B750

Samsung 52"

USD 1,235.00

I can't afford to risk it but if you pull the trigger on this please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They give a physical address on the web site that looks like an apartment tower on Google street view.

400 Alton Road ~ Miami Beach ~ FL

There is also another company listed with that address - American Supply Import.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts